Trans Youth Summer Camps 2018
This year is Gendered Intelligence's 10 year anniversary and we will be running our 10th and 11th camps. So we’re doing something a bit special. We’re celebrating by making camp supersized! Super Camp will involve us taking 180 young trans and non-binary people aged 18-25 camping for 5 days and 4 nights, from the 13th – 17th August 2018.
Alongside Super Camp we’ll be running an 11 – 17 year olds camp for 35 young people, going for our usual 4 days and 3 nights from the 27th – 30th July 2018.
Camp for 11-17 year olds
- 35 places
- 27th-30th July(4 days and 3 nights)
- Prep day on 23rd June 2018, 11am-6pm
- You must attend the prep day to be able to go on camp.
- Booking opens 21st April at midday
The booking form will go live on Saturday, 21st of April at 12:00. Please apply as quickly as possible for a place as spaces fill up quickly.
Super Camp for 18-25 year olds
- 180 places
- 13th - 17th August (5 days and 4 nights)
- Booking opens 28th of April at midday
Do you have questions about Super Camp? Download our FAQs.
FAQS include all useful information you need to know before booking your place.
Everyone can be more intelligent about gender.
Gendered Intelligence is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, established in 2008.
We work with the trans community and those who impact on trans lives; we particularly specialise in supporting young trans people under the age of 21.
We deliver trans youth programmes, support for parents and carers, professional development and trans awareness training for all sectors and educational workshops for schools, colleges, Universities and other educational settings.
Our mission is to increase understandings of gender diversity.
Our vision is of a world where people are no longer constrained by narrow perceptions and expectations of gender, and where diverse gender expressions are visible and valued.
Find out more about what we do
Our services include:
- A series of youth group sessions for young trans people to meet, socialise, receive information and support.
- One-on-one mentoring for trans students in education
- Special projects and workshops themed around gender
- Training sessions for professionals in organisations, schools and youth services that work with transgender students, clients or staff.
- Resources for trans youth, their families and those who work with them. For example, the KA-POW! project.
Knowledge is Power is a new on-line resource from Gendered Intelligence for young trans and gender variant people, their families and those who support them.
Over a 12 month period, we gathered information and experiences from young trans, gender variant and questioning people through a series of youth sessions. We also assembled research and writing from a diverse team of Gendered Intelligence community members.
The Knowledge is Power project will provide you with lots of information, but it’s up to you to convert that into knowledge.
Knowledge is Power is a Big Lottery funded project.
If you wish to make your payment on line simply click on the one off donation button below.
You can stop payments whenever you like. We'll be sorry to see you go, but thank you for your support.Unsubscribe