Please refresh the booking page at 11am if the link doesn't work or the booking page is still closed.
Information about this Summer's youth summer camp
⛺️Dates for camp for 11-17 year olds: Friday 2nd - Mon 5th August
⛺️ Booking for camp opens on Saturday, 11th of May
⛺️There will be no camp this year for young people aged 18+.
Booking information for 2019
More info about booking for our 11-17 trans youth Summer camp.
In order to attend camp, you will also need to attend the Camp Preparation day in London on Saturday 13th July.
Booking for camp will open at 11am on Saturday 11th May.
There is a form you will need to complete in order to book your space - find the link at the bottom of this post. It will open on Saturday.
To complete this form, you will need the following information:
- The number of times you have been to GI camp before
- Which fee you can afford for camp (see below for more information)
- An email address and phone number we can use to contact you
- Any health needs or access needs
- Any allergies
- Any medications (including name, amounts and when you take them)
- The name and postcode of your GP surgery
- The names and phone numbers of 2 people we can contact about you in an emergency
- Whether you would like to buy a camp hoodie for £15 – and if so, your size.
More information on camp fees: Although we have been successful this year in obtaining money for camp, this does not cover all our costs. Therefore, we ask that people coming on camp pay what they can for their space.
⛺️£345 (full price)
⛺️£225 (medium price)
⛺️£145 (low income)
⛺️ Donation of bursary place
When you book a space you will need to choose which of these you or your family can afford to pay.
Click here to go to the booking form.
Everyone can be more intelligent about gender.
Gendered Intelligence is a not-for-profit charity, established in 2008.
We work with the trans community and those who impact on trans lives; we particularly specialise in supporting young trans people under the age of 21.
We deliver trans youth programmes, support for parents and carers, professional development and trans awareness training for all sectors and educational workshops for schools, colleges, Universities and other educational settings.
Our mission is to increase understandings of gender diversity.
Our vision is of a world where people are no longer constrained by narrow perceptions and expectations of gender, and where diverse gender expressions are visible and valued.
Find out more about what we do
Our services include:
- A series of youth group sessions for young trans people to meet, socialise, receive information and support.
- One-on-one mentoring for trans students in education
- Special projects and workshops themed around gender
- Training sessions for professionals in organisations, schools and youth services that work with transgender students, clients or staff.
- Resources for trans youth, their families and those who work with them. For example, the KA-POW! project.
Knowledge is Power is a new on-line resource from Gendered Intelligence for young trans and gender variant people, their families and those who support them.
Over a 12 month period, we gathered information and experiences from young trans, gender variant and questioning people through a series of youth sessions. We also assembled research and writing from a diverse team of Gendered Intelligence community members.
The Knowledge is Power project will provide you with lots of information, but it’s up to you to convert that into knowledge.
Knowledge is Power is a Big Lottery funded project.
If you wish to make your payment on line simply click on the one off donation button below.
You can stop payments whenever you like. We'll be sorry to see you go, but thank you for your support.Unsubscribe